This scheme was for the extension and conversion of a former stable block associated with a Grade 2 Listed Victorian manor house for use as a home gymnasium. The stable block had been converted for ancillary storage and garaging for a motor car in the 1940's and no original internal features survived. The extension duplicates the existing volume of this range of outbuildings adding a contemporary element to the rear. Large full height windows were introduced within an open-plan vaulted space overlooking the garden, whilst on the front elevation a single glazed opening replaced a former garage door. The original stable block doors and windows and external shell were retained as part of the conversion.