Planning approval has recently been granted by Westminster City Council for the conversion of this 8 storey office building into a 78 room hotel. Restaurant facilities will be provided at ground floor and basement levels. The existing Edwardian building, known as 'Waterman House', was historically the London headquarters of Waterman Pens. The building dates from 1912 and was one of the first to be completed on this stretch of Kingsway, which had its own design code at the time. The building is of steel frame construction and faced in Portland stone with metal Crittall windows to the upper storeys.